Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Reflections on Five Weeks

First post on my new blog!


It's been five weeks since I took the first small step toward a new life and a new me.  So far it has been really eye-opening in so many ways! 


Food used to be my medication, my salve to heal my hurts, my worries, my sadness, and the craziness of everyday life, which is what got me to where I was, 237.5 pounds, constantly hurting inside and out, and feeling desperate about life in general.  Fortunately, that is starting to become a thing of the past.  Food, instead of being the thing that I thought would help me, was the thing that was causing the majority of my mood swings and nuttiness.  I feel like I am escaping its grip on me little by little every day, and it feels great!


I wouldn't be where I am now, 17 pounds later, without the love and support of my husband Jake.  He has been a rock throughout this process, and he has done amazingly well himself, losing 20 pounds thus far!  Anytime I feel like I want to give in and just devour the contents of my fridge (which happens more times than I would care to admit), he gently brings me back to reality, reminding me of the success we have had so far and reassuring me that we will get to where we want to go together.  He is the most loving, supportive, and above all, patient man that I have ever had the privilege of knowing, and I'm so proud to be his wife and on this crazy trip with him.


My goal is 145 pounds, which leaves me 75.8 pounds to lose.  Instead of overwhelming myself with this huge number, I've been really savoring the moments in the morning when the numbers have gone down, no matter how small-it has really kept me going.  I am also so blessed to have so many people on Facebook who have supported us and kept us going with their encouragement.  I love you all, and you mean so much to me!

2 comments: