Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Daily Update

My weight this morning was 219.8!! I have finally broken the 220's, and I am so excited! It is a small loss- 0.2 pounds- but I am satisfied anyhow.  Last night after a really good dinner of pumpkin quiche (from the Hungry Girl website; I highly recommend it!!), which was only 2 points per slice, I had about 18 points left for the rest of the night.  I hate having that many points left after dinner because I always feel like I have to eat something bad for me to use up some more points.  (I have discovered, though, that I will lose weight even if I don't eat all my points.)  Not the best strategy; I should have just stopped eating for the night despite having so many points left to burn.  I decided to dip into our until now relatively untouched bowls of Halloween candy, of which we have a lot!  I settled on a Hershey's with Almonds bar, a full-size one.  Six points for the entire bar; not too shabby for an indulgent treat like that, and I definitely had the points for it.  Let me tell you, I used to devour those like they were going out of style.  Last night I hadn't taken my second bite of that thing before I found myself literally gagging on it!  Not having eaten anything remotely like that in the last three or so weeks, I found that I couldn't handle something that sweet anymore.  That was exciting to me because I feel like I have had such a profound sugar addiction for most of my adult life and it seems that I have finally broken that shackle! Hooray!

I am excited to face the 210's now and conquer them as well! My first major goal in this will be to break 220 for the first time in over 10 years, and I am now 19 pounds away.  I am so thrilled!

P.S. The Hungry Girl website can be found at: www.hungrygirl.com.  She has great recipes geared toward low-calorie and low-fat and lists PointsPlus values for all her recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment