Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, October 26, 2012

Update.....

Today's weigh-in is a ghastly 201.0lbs! I have managed to gain back exactly 20lbs since finishing our 5k in May. Yikes! I have spent the last five months blaming my weight gain on everything: our move, the stress of having a family member with cancer, my job, and a host of other things.  The truth is, I finished a goal and never set a new one.  After the 5k, I was left with an anticlimactic feeling and I just sort of spiraled down into my old habits because I didn't have anything new to strive for (as if being healthier and feeling great wasn't enough!).

My dad started running recently after 31 years away from it, and it has absolutely inspired me.  We plan on doing a 5k after the new year in January, and I am so excited! I have been grieving the loss of the lifestyle that Jake and I had going, and I am excited to welcome that back again.  It has been more difficult to stay focused here; there are more temptations with food because we eat with other people now instead of being on our own all the time, and it makes it a tad more difficult to resist them.  My mom makes good comfort food!

I have slowly felt the old sluggishness and generally icky physical feelings come back, and I hate the way it feels.  Time to turn over a new leaf and get ready for the next 5k and the next chapter of our weight loss journey!

1 comment:

  1. Remember, it is not magic, it's not willpower, it's not voodoo. Those are the ways that people who fail look at them. It is a simple matter of having a goal that is specific and writing it down in your calendar. You already know this and you are blessed to have seen how easy it actually is. Now, to cop a really lame but true corporate saying, "Just DO it". Like you are :)

    ReplyDelete