Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 3, 2012

That wagon is almost out of sight.....

It's been a long while since I blogged!

We made it to Washington and have been installed happily in our little basement apartment for a month now. The biggest hurdle I've faced here has been getting adjusted diet wise.  We share dinners with my parents and brother, and it is difficult not to completely stuff my face like I used to.  I would be lying if I said I haven't given in to temptation and eaten way more than my fill of whatever I felt like eating.  We have been eating well for breakfast and lunch, but when dinner comes around....look out!

Besides this, I have been trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to get back into being active every day, something I had really enjoyed doing in California.  Funny how I move to a beautiful state with trees everywhere and I still find an excuse to not do anything! Jake went for a 5-mile run yesterday, so at least one of us is doing something!

The point of all this, and the end result (not surprisingly) is that I have gained back about 13 pounds since the beginning of June, ending up at about 193 lbs!  I do not want all this effort to be for naught.  I get mad at myself every time I notice that my clothes have become a little tighter and remember how good I felt to get into those smaller clothes.  I need motivation to get back up and start over.  It's not too late for me to reclaim what I've lost (or gained).  We all stumble in this journey, and I just want to find that inspiration to get up and keep going!!

3 comments:

  1. Adjustments always need further adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog. Brittany Noble pointed me to your writing after she read my most recent post today (weightlossmotivatedbylove.wordpress.com). I would love to know more about your weight loss journey. (I know I can go back and read your blog...:o)
    Amanda Beck (amanda.marie.beck@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely you fix this problem. Just make more adjustment so you can lose more weight.

    weight loss in Fairfax

    ReplyDelete